Planning, Zoning & Permits

Contact Town Hall if you have questions regarding zoning or subdivision regulations, to register a new business, or obtain a permit for a building project, sign, installation of a fence, garage, carport, swimming pool or accessory building, or to subdivide property. For most projects a Zoning/Watershed Compliance Permit must be obtained from the Town first and then a Building Permit from the County. This form is available under the Forms section.

Complaints can be reported to the Town regarding substandard buildings or about junked vehicles, tall grass or an accumulation of junk or debris.

All new businesses in town must contact Town Hall before moving into a building in town. Certain inspections and registration of your business will be required.